Wednesday, October 8, 2008

John the Evangelist Response

I really enjoyed reading this passage. Even if there was not a lot said, I got a ton from it. After reading the Bible and going to church on Sundays it seems as though if you are in touch with God and have a relationship with him, there is no reason to be sad or mad or discouraged in any way. If you know that you are living your life for God and that he is looking out for you and leading you on the right path then there is nothing to worry about. If you have all the riches in the world, then one day your house burns down and you suddenly go bankrupt, you just have to believe that there is a reason for everything and in the end it will all be okay because God is looking out for you. I loved where it said ".. those who don't know love, don't know God; for God is love." I definitely believe that that is true because He is love. He is every emotion that we have. "to all who receive him, he gives the power to become children of God." THAT is the life that I hope to live one day; to be a child of God in Heaven. He has power over all and He knows what is right for us. Receive His teachings and believe everything that He says is true and you are his child. Like I was saying before, there is no reason to be sad when one has a relationship with Him. Just trust that He will help you and He will be right by your side.

1 comment:

Marine said...

I like how you talk about having everything and losing it suddenly. How there is a reason for it and everything that happens in life. I had a platoon sergeant that would always say when something bad would happen, it was a test from god. And how you deal with that test is a measure of faith and character :)