Thursday, October 16, 2008

Al-Misri Response

While reading this passage my mind was rushing with thoughts of things to say in my response. I love the passages that give me new ways of thinking about things. So far, this set of blog readings has been my favorite. They make me feel really good inside and also make me think, which is hard to come by with anything these days.
As soon as I read "Why is it that we become more humble as we become more like God?" THAT immediately made my mind start spinning. I began to think of all of the religious people that I know and for the most part, their biggest and most likable characteristic is that they are so humble! Now, I'm not saying that ALL religious people are humble because I know PLENTY that are the complete opposite but I believe that we should all be humble. We are living our lives for God because He died for us. We are His servants and we should be doing everything we can to please Him.
I loved the part where it said "O my saints, if you meet someone who is sick through separation from me, heal him..." God is willing to do pretty much anything to make anyone believe that He is the truth and the path you should be following. He wants to prove that he is the truth and once you realize it you will be content and will want to seek for more. He has done everything for us, why shouldn't we give back to Him? He deserves it.

No comments: