I really enjoyed this passage and found that I, myself have been that person of question. God tells us to "Love thy neighbor" but why should I love someone who only does evil things? But it does come down to the fact that God did not make 75% percent of us and left the other 25% to be made my satan; He made all of us. Therefore, like it says in the passage "... the original soul came out of the essense of God." I love that because it is so true! No matter who the person is, whether they be a total "holy roller" or the number one person on America's Most Wanted list, we were all made by God and he lives within all of us, whether we chooose to believe it or not. I know a girl who was once heavily into drugs and while she is not as bad now, she thinks about doing them a lot, and she will jump at the chance of doing them any day. One day I went onto her MySpace and she had a scripture from the Bible. This made me very very angry because I believe deeply in God and I felt like she was almost mocking Him in a way? It might have just been because I don't like her so anything she does is negative in my eyes haha, but after venting about it to a close friend, he told me to accept that fact that she may be trying to better herself and to respect her for that. After reading this passage and looking back on that experience, I realize that he was right. She has the essense of God within her too. I am no more special than she is just because I have followed God and His teachings longer than she has. To honor God, I should help her instead of judge her. And I believe that that is what this passage ultimately comes down to.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice blog Katy...I very much enjoyed it.
It's very empowering and belittling to know we all exist from the same thread. I'm glad you find hope in this, and that you learned a way to view humanity in a more positive light. It's a shame so many are blind to this concept.
Post a Comment