Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pai-Chang Response

I really sort of enjoyed this little passage. It reminded me of people whose though process is a little off. If they want to make a decision, but can not decide which is best, they will tell themselves in their mind what is the best decision and then they'll be like "Well God told me to do this in my mind.. so I'm gonna do it." Nooo. You just told yourself what YOU think would be best so you did it. Like it said in the passage, "When the time comes, you are awakened as if from a dream." One will know what the right decision to make is because everything will make sense and it will almost seem to fit. I guess this passage was talking about when it is time to accept Buddha this is all that happens. It fits into your life; you know its right because it will feel right, and nothing will go harmed. You are still the same person. Nothing has really changed except everything is more clear. But I believe this can go along with any important decision one will make; even unimportant. "When you have arrived at this recognition, please hold onto it." Again, can go both ways. When you arrive with the recognition that Buddha is the way to live your life and the way to go, hold onto it because it is the truth. When you arrive with the recognition that the choice you made is right, hold onto it because once you have accepted it, it will work right into your life and when looking back it will not seem like such a big deal as it was made to be.
I feel as if I am rambling. Hopefully it will all make sense. After reading Chuang-Tzu my mind has been over thinking EVERYTHING.

2 comments:

Jason File said...

Hi Katy,

You wrote, "I feel as if I am rambling. Hopefully it will all make sense. After reading Chuang-Tzu my mind has been over thinking EVERYTHING."

Ha ha...chuang tze got to you too, eh? He's funny that way. I tell you what, though, he's not serious. And of all the religious sages in the world, he'd probably be the *least* boring one to hang out with. Don't take him too seriously (he doesn't take himself seriously at all).

Colin Rice said...

hahahaha "well god told me to kill him" a classic line many sociopaths have used. I liked the way you tied it into the self form. most of eastern thoughts to me have a lot of an atheist background which i definitly saw in some of these readings. great job :) alot of things to me i cant put into words either but as long as you understand your probably ok :)