I loved the little passages within this, especially the one talking about forgiving the wicked, happiness in doing good deeds, etc. It was all a really uplifting message that made me think about how I act and if I am going about my life in an optimistic manner or not. I believe that if people really think about what that paragraph is saying it can help them think about who they are and how they live their life. I think that that goes hand in hand with karma. For me, it is extremely difficult for me to "forgive the wicked" but in the end you may feel like a better and bigger person. "If the mind is happy, not only the body but the whole world will be happy." I think that this is sooooo true! Like we discussed in class, if you portray yourself as a happy person, the people and things around you will be happy as well! Live your life in a sad, angry, bitter way and that will be the "theme" throughout your life until you change your ways. I also liked where it says "Destroy the ego by seeking its identity." This, to me, is very true because someone with a large ego seems to use that as a huge shield to almost separate themselves from others. But when you are able to knock down that barrier and get down to the real person, you see who they truly are. I like where it says that if you pray for God's grace it is like begging for water when you are already neck deep. This gives me a real optimistic outlook on life because it is showing everyone that God is always there for you. You can pray for His grace, but He has been there the whole entire time.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, so when I read your entry, it made me smile! Your post actually made me a little emotional because it is hard for me too, to forgive the 'wicked.' But as you went on, as did the selection we read, and you said that we have to forgive to be able to live a happy and healthy life, I have learned that when I can actually forgive (and that doesnt mean forget...), I always feel a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulders. It's nice. I always feel like it's God's way of saying, "Good job. Pat yourself on the back." =) And so I have to say to you, good job on your entry... I liked it!
I realy liked how you explained his thoughts on ego. I hadn't given that paticular quote much thought but after reading what you said it made me like e Maharshi even more. Your idea about the ego being a wall for people to hid behind is great! I will definatly be thinking about every time I feel my ego getting stepped on. Good Job.
Post a Comment