Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chuang-Tzu Response

While reading this I felt like I was reading a Dr. Seuss book. So many of the same words being used and in the weirdest ways, it just got my head spinning. In this first part, it seemed to say that everything connects. If it does not connect then it connects in the fact that it does not connect. All in all, connections connect and disconnections still connect..? I don't even know anymore. Then it seemed to turn into a bad camp song. You know the sleep away camps you go to and you say "I have a dog" then the next person says "I have a cat, she has a dog" and it goes on and on and all around the circle til the last person says what everyone has? As annoying as that song is to hear and to even think about, is as annoying as this passage was to read. Basically it seemed to say "it is what it is". Trying to make sense of things is stupid because theres really no sense in anything. Thinking too hard is a waste of time because when you may think its one thing, it is realy another. It seems as if there is no emotion for people who think like this. "The True Man of ancient times knew nothing of loving life, knew nothing of hating death. He emerged without delight; he went back in without a fuss." They just seem like SUCH boring people. No wonder the Chinese are responsible for making virtually everything, their minds never stop thinking!!

1 comment:

Marine said...

Katy I sense some frustration. I think that the people back then where also confused and just let whoever was preaching these things be right for the sake of stopping to talk. Just a guess.
-Rich